JOMAC Truck Bodies are REAL LIGHTWEIGHTS
Everybody, Meet Al!
Say Hello to Al! Al decided it was a great idea to manufacture truck bodies from aluminum instead of steel and lo and behold Al's aluminum service bodies saved 50% in weight and had customers filling their fuel tank 33% less often! This has made Al a very popular guy!
An aluminum service body is approximately one-third the weight of its steel counterpart. Less weight translates directly to fuel savings and more miles per gallon. Additionally aluminum offers a superior strength-to-weight ratio (or specific strength) than steel. A light weight aluminum truck body allows you to carry a heavier payload without raising the GVWR.
Use of aluminum in commercial vehicle production is on the rise, but JOMAC has been manufacturing truck bodies from aluminum since 1988. That is when we introduced the first Aluminum Propane Service Body to the LP Gas market. Aluminum's sudden growth in popularity is partially due to it's carbon footprint, which is 20% better than steel.
The Benefits of Aluminum Truck Bodies vs. Steel
Aluminum has major benefits that have the capacity of maximizing your return on investment.
Below are just a few of the long term aluminum advantages.
- Aluminum doesn't rust
- Aluminum is much easier on your truck's drive train due to the weight savings in comparison to other truck body materials
- Aluminum is ⅓ the weight of its steel counterpart
- Aluminum truck bodies are much more cost effective
- Aluminum is very strong and durable, allowing for many more options on your truck body of choice
Read more about the advantages of aluminum in vehicle production by visiting DriveAluminum.org.
JOMAC Truck Body Advantages
- Outstanding structural integrity, backed up by JOMAC's 10-Year Return to Factory Warranty
- Manufactured from Aluminum
- Hand Built
- Full Box Cabinet Design
- ⅛" Cabinet Shell
- ⅛" Diamond Plate Covering Cabinet Shell to Provide for ¼ Thickness on Top and Back of Cabinets
- 13-Gauge Aluminum Adjustable Shelves with Dividers
- High Quality Stainless Steel T-Latches, Hardware, Hinges & Spring Door Checks
- Automotive Type Rubber Door Seals
- Packard Electrical Connectors: a sealed positive fit connector for trouble-free wiring
- Fully Customizable
- LED Lighting
- Manufacturer of Bodies & Cranes
- Workstation Options for Field Efficiency
Get a quick quote from JOMAC and be on the way to accomplishing all of the goals associated with your service vehicles.
NCCCO Service Truck Crane Operator Certification Guide
The National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO), has just finished its first year with a new certification program for service truck crane operators. The Service Truck Crane Certification (STC) is a subcategory of the Crane Operators Telescopic Boom-Fixed Cab Certification (TSS). The STC Certification is designed specifically for experienced crane operators.